My First Semester

Posted by Cameron Johnson on Dec 4, 2013 in Uncategorized |

Transitioning from high school to college is hard for most people. You usually aren’t living in your house, and the course work and load is more significant. Living alone gave me more freedom to do what I want to do and also gave me a comfortable feeling such as that I don’t have to worry about someone screaming over a hockey or football game, yelling at each other, constant barking from our dog, etc. There are a lot of options when it comes to food, the only limiting factor is money or how many meals you have left. The college provides each student with a lot of resources such as the Academic Resource Center and the Career Planning Center. The centers at the college are there to help you. I was subjected with less classes than I was in high school and the classes were the same amount of time. Thanks to my schedule I only have one class on Tuesday and no classes on Thursday. Essentially I am off every other day. You would expect that I have a lot of free time, however, I have sports and a lot of sleep to catch up on. (about 12 years worth) With rowing, school work, and extra practice I am luck y getting to sleep at the appropriate time each night. The friends I have made, although mostly from the crew team, and some of the best friends I have had. Not nearly as much since high school but I am a freshman so I’m not expecting the entire class to know who I am like in high school.

Reply

Copyright © 2017 Cameron Johnson All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek.