Experience

Firefly: A Spark of Hope

firefly-web-logo (2)

Firefly: A Spark of Hope was founded about nine months ago by two-time cancer survivor Ginger McConnell. Ginger knew that not only is cancer physically and emotionally draining, but it stretches finances even more due to treatments and appointments. The company was founded in order to “give cancer patients and their families some relief from the financial worries that they are facing”. Firefly provides financial support for individuals who are battling cancer and need help with household expenses. These expenses can include, but are not limited to rent/mortgage payments, utility bills, medical bills and prescription costs, and travel expenses. I interned with this organization during the Spring of 2016. You can view my research, gain a better understanding of the company, and read a task analysis of my work with the company here: Firefly

Ginger speaking at the Firefly Charity Gala Fundraising Event

Firefly Charity Gala at Marietta College

Marietta in Bloom

h

Marietta in Bloom is a non-profit organization that operates in Marietta, Ohio. Their main goal is to improve the aesthetic appeal of Marietta and attempt to bring a sense of pride within the community. They aim to achieve this goal by planting flowers around community gardens and around homes of people in the community. When our consulting group met with Marietta in Bloom at the beginning of the semester, they needed help with various aspects of their business including improving the number of volunteers, developing a social media presence, revising their current mission statement, and creating an annual fundraiser. Read more about my consulting work with Marietta in Bloom here: Marietta in Bloom

Waiting to pick up volunteers at Community Service Day for the Marietta in Bloom Family Festival

Building Bridges to Careers

Building Bridges to Careers seeks to involve Washington County Students in their community through hands-on experience with the business world. Through this engagement, students become motivated to pursue career and educational goals. This is completed by informing students of the opportunities they have available, connecting them with the resources they need in order to make choices regarding careers, and providing them with links to educators and employers to help make their aspirations become a reality.

Work includes, but is not limited to, the examples shown here: BBC New Budget and PowerPoint editing/ development shown here: http://www.slideshare.net/GabrielleSimmons2/2016-bb2-c-civic-presentation-edits

Copyright © 2018 Gabrielle's ePortfolio All rights reserved.
Desk Mess Mirrored v1.3 theme from BuyNowShop.com.