Gliding through the GRE

Gliding through the GRE

paragliding-hi

Gliding though the GRE is an innovative, hands-on tutoring program designed to prepare students for the Graduate Records Examination, a test taken by prospective graduate and business school applicants all over the world. This program would be FREE to students. Students would be trained in verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing using psychological techniques designed to increase cognitive retention. Additionally, they will be instructed on various methods to significantly reduce test anxiety. Coaching has been proven effective for both the ACT and SAT, and while no study has been conducted on the effectiveness of coaching on the GRE (because few programs of its kind exist), this new program could revolutionize learning and provide an advantage to graduate school applicants who are willing to put forth the time and effort to transform their future.

Growing up in a small town in rural West Virginia, I was constantly aware of the stigma associated with my home state. The saddest part was that I could see that stigma taking the form of reality. West Virginians are thought of as under-educated, ignorant “rednecks” and I believe it’s that way of thinking that has caused many bright individuals to give up on their dreams of higher education. Luckily enough for me, I have parents who care deeply about my education and want to see me “do more” in my life than they did. They helped me realize my aspirations and I think I owe it to the world to do the same for others. Being a finalist in this competition means that I can be that beacon of hope for other students. I can help them realize how talented and intelligent they are and help them see that they are more than capable of attaining a graduate education. It seems as though the world has forgotten that knowledge is power. As Prabal Gurung once said, “A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, but a beautiful woman with a brain is an absolutely lethal combination.”

View my business proposal here: Business Competition Entry

Copyright © 2018 Gabrielle's ePortfolio All rights reserved.
Desk Mess Mirrored v1.3 theme from BuyNowShop.com.