Organizations

Public Relations Student Society of America is made up of more than 11,000 students and advisers organized into 300+ chapters in the United States. It joins PR students with professionals in order to broaden the education of students, make connections that could be highly beneficial, and launch your career. As historian of Marietta’s chapter it is my duty to keep records of each meeting held, assist the PR director, help update and maintain the chapter’s Twitter and Facebook pages, as well as document the events attended as a group through photojournalism.

Pioneer Activities Counsel, or PAC, is the student run organization that holds events and brings talent to campus as entertainment for Marietta College Students. As the Advertising Director it is my job to promote each event the PAC hosts throughout the year. One of the main challenges of my position is coming up with new and creative ways to promote each event to the students. More and more students have become dull to the use of paper flyers that are posted around campus since there is such an overload of them. This is why I have to become as creative as possible with my advertising and use of social media.